Wondering how to get to Universal Studios Singapore by MRT? In this guide, I’ll show you every step to reach this theme park.
For your information, the nearest MRT station to Universal Studios Singapore is HarbourFront Station. However, to reach there, you’ll still need to use either Sentosa Express, the Boardwalk, or the RWS8 Bus.
Now, let me show you in pictures the way to go! 😊
1. How to Get to Universal Studios Singapore by MRT
To reach Universal Studios Singapore, first take the North East Line or Circle Line MRT to HarbourFront Station. Go out via Exit E and take the escalator up to level 3 of VivoCity mall. Then, board the Sentosa Express monorail to Resorts World Station, a 3-minute trip costing SGD $4.
After alighting at Resorts World Station, just follow the signboards for Universal Studios Singapore. The walk from there takes only about 1 minute.
Another important note is that the monorail rides on the island, including the return trip, are free.
Just to let you know, this is the best and easiest way to get to Universal Studios Singapore.
The Guide Below Will Show You A Step-by-Step Process For Getting To USS
1. If you choose to take the MRT to Universal Studios Singapore, simply board the MRT at the station nearest your hotel and get off at HarbourFront Station. From there, make your way out through Exit E and then walk up the stairs to VivoCity shopping mall.
2. After walking up the stairs, you’ll find an escalator on your left. Take it to Level 3.
3. Upon reaching Level 3 of VivoCity, make a U-turn and walk straight to the monorail ticketing counter.
4. Purchase a monorail ticket for SGD $4 at the counter, payable by cash, NETS, or credit cards.
If you have an EZ-Link card or a NETS Flash card, you don’t need to buy a monorail ticket because you can use the card to ride the monorail directly.
You are able to get one of these cards at convenience stores (such as 7-Eleven, Buzz Pods, and Cheers) or at the MRT station in Changi Airport.
The monorail operates from 7 AM to 12 AM.
5. Scan your monorail ticket, EZ-Link card, or NETS Flash card at the boarding gate of VivoCity Station.
6. Board the monorail to Resorts World Station, which is just one station away from VivoCity Station.
7. Alight at Resorts World Station and then take the escalator down.
8. After descending the escalator at Resorts World Station, proceed straight towards Universal Studios Singapore.
9. At this point, turn right.
10. After turning right, you’ll see the entrance to Universal Studios Singapore.
Book your Universal Studios tickets online to skip the long lines at the ticket booth. With online purchase, you get e-tickets for direct park entry, saving time and offering great convenience.
2. How to Walk to USS from HarbourFront on Foot
If you want to save money, you can walk to Universal Studios Singapore from VivoCity shopping mall via the Sentosa Boardwalk. It’s a free walk that takes about 15 minutes to reach the theme park.
Just in case you don’t know, this boardwalk is sheltered and connects to Sentosa Island.
The Detailed Instructions Below Will Show You How To Walk There
1. Given that you decide to go to Universal Studios Singapore on foot, the first step is to reach HarbourFront Station via MRT. Then, head towards Exit E and turn left to find the escalator.
2. Take the escalator up to level 1 of VivoCity shopping mall.
3. Once you reach level 1, stay in the left lane and continue straight.
4. At the crossroad, turn left.
5. Continue straight ahead. Soon, you will come across an exit from VivoCity shopping mall.
6. Exit VivoCity shopping mall and proceed straight along this walkway. Soon, you’ll spot the Sentosa Boardwalk.
7. Walk in this direction towards the boardwalk.
8. This is the Sentosa Boardwalk. So, keep walking straight until you reach the end of the boardwalk.
9. When you get to the end of the Sentosa Boardwalk, go through the entry gate and continue straight to cross the bridge ahead.
10. Cross the bridge.
11. After crossing the bridge, turn right and continue straight until you reach a cross junction.
12. At the cross junction, turn left. After turning, you’ll see Universal Studios Singapore ahead.
3. Take RWS8 Bus to Universal Studios Singapore
Catch the RWS8 bus from bus stop 14141 at Exit B of HarbourFront Station to Resorts World Sentosa. The entire journey takes approximately 10 minutes, with a bus fare of SGD $1.
Upon reaching Resorts World Sentosa, simply take the escalator up to level 1 and follow the signs to guide you to Universal Studios Singapore.
The RWS8 bus operates as a loop service, running every 5 to 10 minutes, starting at 5:15 AM and ending at 11:45 PM.
Comparison of Transportation
In summary, the Sentosa Express monorail is the quickest way to travel to Universal Studios Singapore, costing SGD $4. Personally, I prefer the monorail for its convenience and time-saving.
If you’re looking to save money, walking via the boardwalk is a good option since it’s free, but it takes longer to reach the park.
As for the bus, it might be more suited to locals who are familiar with the routes, as travelers need to pay attention to their stop.
Get ahead of the busy ticket lines at Universal Studios Singapore by purchasing your tickets online.
This popular theme park often attracts large crowds, leading to extended waits at the ticket booths.
So, buy your tickets online here and enter the park directly with your e-ticket from your phone. This gives you more time to enjoy the thrilling rides and fantastic shows.
Why You Should Visit Universal Studios Singapore
When you visit Singapore, make sure to include Universal Studios Singapore on your trip.
The roller coasters there are truly exhilarating, and the shows are absolutely amazing.
It feels like you’re stepping into the world of your favorite movies.
Whether you’re with family or just looking for fun, this place is sure to impress.
Trust me, you’ll create memories that last a lifetime at Universal Studios Singapore!