Today I will teach you how to get to Sentosa Island easily. There are three ways to do it: by MRT with Sentosa Express, Cable Car, and Sentosa Boardwalk. So, let me show you in detail how to use these 3 methods to reach Sentosa Island.
Let’s check out now!
How to Get to Sentosa Island by MRT and Sentosa Express
The fastest and easiest way to go to Sentosa Island is by taking the MRT and Sentosa Express.
To reach Sentosa, you need to take MRT to HarbourFront MRT Station. When you arrive at HarbourFront MRT Station, take the escalator up to the level 3 of VivoCity shopping mall. At the level 3 of VivoCity, take the Sentosa Express to Sentosa Island. The entire journey takes about 3 to 5 minutes to reach the island and costs SGD $4.
Below is a step-by-step guide to teach you how to take MRT and Sentosa Express to Sentosa Island.
1. Catch the North East Line or Circle Line to HarbourFront MRT Station. After you alight at HarbourFront MRT Station, you should go out the Exit E for Sentosa Express Station (VivoCity Station).
Now, simply go up the stairs and then turn left to take an escalator up to Level 3 of VivoCity shopping mall.
2. After turning left from the Exit E of HarbourFront MRT Station, you’ll see this escalator. Take this escalator to Level 3 of VivoCity shopping mall. From there, you can take the Sentosa Express monorail to Sentosa Island.
3. Keep going up the escalator until you reach the Level 3 of VivoCity shopping mall.
4. When you reach the Level 3 of VivoCity shopping mall, simply make a u-turn.
5. Then, you’ll see the Sentosa Express ticketing counter on ahead. You can purchase the monorail ticket from there and the monorail fare is SGD $4. It can be paid by cash, NETS and credit cards.
After buying the monorail ticket, proceed to VivoCity Station to ride the Sentosa Express monorail to Sentosa Island. The VivoCity Station is located just beside the Sentosa Express ticketing counter.
Sentosa Express Information:
1. Sentosa Express Monorail Fare: SGD $4 per person (Unlimited ride in Sentosa Island + free for returning trip)
2. Sentosa Express Operating Hours: 07:00 AM – 12:00 AM
*The monorail fare (SGD $4) only apply to visitors who want to take the Sentosa Express from VivoCity Station to Sentosa Island.
6. Simply touch your Sentosa Express ticket or EZ-Link card/NETS Flash card to the reader of VivoCity Station boarding gate.
And then, get ready to board the Sentosa Express monorail to Sentosa Island. You can get off the monorail at Resorts World Station/ Imbiah Station/ Beach Station.
Time Required (one-way):
VivoCity Station to Resorts World Station = 3 minutes
VivoCity Station to Imbiah Station = 4 minutes
VivoCity Station to Beach Station = 5 minutes
How to Go to Sentosa Island by Singapore Cable Car
The second way to get to Sentosa Island is by taking a Singapore Cable Car.
The most convenient location to get on a cable car to Sentosa Island is HarbourFront Cable Car Station. From there, you can board the Mount Faber Line to Sentosa Cable Car Station. The transfer time is around 30 minutes and costs SGD $35 for Adult (13 and above) and SGD $25 for Child (4-12). If you want to know in detailed on how to take a cable car to Sentosa Island, you can refer my guide below.
One of the biggest advantages of taking the cable car is you can enjoy the stunning views while traveling from Singapore to Sentosa Island. Below are some of the photos I took when I take the cable car from HarbourFront Cable Car Station to Sentosa Island.
A Step-by-step Guide on How to Ride a Cable Car to Sentosa
1. The first step is taking the North East Line or Circle Line to HarbourFront MRT Station. And then, you should go out the Exit B for HarbourFront Cable Car Station.
2. You should turn right, after you turn left from the Exit B in Harbourfront MRT Station (Shown in picture above – Point 1).
3. And then, keep going straight. Soon, you’ll find an escalator on ahead.
4. Now, you should go up the escalator.
5. Next, walk down the stairs and then go straight for taking another escalator to level 1. This escalator will lead you to HarbourFront Cable Car Station which is located at HarbourFront Tower 2.
6. After taking the escalator up, you should turn right and then go straight. At this point, you’ll discover KFC on your right hand side and link bridge on ahead.
7. Continue straight and then walk across the link bridge.
8. After walking across the link bridge, you should take the escalator down.
9. After taking the escalator down, go straight for cable car station. Soon, you’ll reach there.
10. After going straight for less than 1 minute, you’ll spot a cable car direction board on ahead. This cable car direction board will tell you to turn left at this point.
11. After turning left, keep going straight ahead.
12. Go down the stairs and then go straight. The HarbourFront Cable Car Station just on the right.
13. Walk straight a little bit and then turn right. This is Harbourfront Tower 2. You’ll see a cable car ticketing counter after you enter the tower.
*There is no one-way ticket for cable car. They only offer round-trip ticket.
Do you want to get 30% discount of your cable car tickets?
Pretty simple, just buy your cable car tickets online via Klook. This will help you to SAVE 30% comparing to buying your ticket at the counter over there.
Here’s the link for you to buy your cable car ticket online (Applicable for Local and Oversea Travellers):
15. After you get a cable car ticket, you can take a lift to the Level 15 of Harbourfront Tower 2. This is where the HarbourFront Cable Car Station is located.
Now, get ready to take the Mount Faber Line cable car from HarbourFront Cable Car Station to Sentosa Cable Car Station.
Transfer Cable Car from Sentosa Station to Imbiah Lookout Station Guide
Transfer from Mount Faber Line to Sentosa Line Cable Car Guide
*The transferring time required from Sentosa Station to Imbiah Lookout Station is about 3 minutes by walking. But, don’t worry I’m going to show you how to transfer from Sentosa Station to Imbiah Lookout Station at the guide below.
1. After walking out the Sentosa Cable Car Station, you should turn right and then go straight.
2. Go straight and then turn right.
3. After turning right, you should go straight.
4. Continue straight. Soon, you’ll discover the Imbiah Lookout Cable Car Station on your left-hand side.
5. This is Imbiah Lookout Cable Car Station that allow you to ride the Sentosa Line cable car.
6. Turn left for taking a cable car from Imbiah Lookout Station to Merlion Station. On the other hand, turn right for Imbiah Lookout Station to Siloso Point Station.
How to Reach Sentosa via Sentosa Boardwalk
The cheapest way to go to Sentosa Island is via Sentosa Boardwalk because it’s free! First, head to the VivoCity shopping mall and then from there you can walk to Sentosa in 10 minutes through Sentosa Boardwalk.
What is Sentosa Boardwalk?
If you don’t know what is Sentosa Boardwalk, actually it’s a pedestrian walkway connected between Sentosa Island and VivoCity.
The Sentosa Boardwalk is well-sheltered and even installed with moving walkways. So, you don’t need to expose the sunlight and also save your tired feet.
Below is a detailed guide on how to walk to Sentosa Island through Sentosa Boardwalk.
1. Catch the North East Line or Circle Line to HarbourFront MRT Station. Once you get off the MRT at HarbourFront MRT Station, you should go out the Exit E for Sentosa Boardwalk.
2. Take the escalator up to Level 1 of VivoCity shopping mall.
3. After going up to the Level 1 of VivoCity shopping mall, you should keep on the left-lane and then going straight.
4. Just follow “The Promenade Sentosa Boardwalk” direction board, keep going straight. Soon, you’ll meet the cross-junction.
5. At the cross-junction, you should turn left and then go straight again.
6. Follow the direction board of “The Promenade Sentosa Boardwalk”, going straight.
7. Continue straight. Soon, you will see the exit of VivoCity shopping mall.
8. Now, you have reached the exit of VivoCity shopping mall. You should go straight until the end and then turn left.
9. After turning left, you’ll spot the Sentosa Boardwalk (Pedestrian Walkway) on ahead. Go straight, you will get to Sentosa Boardwalk soon.
10. Keep going straight, the Sentosa Boardwalk on ahead.
11. Wow! You already at Sentosa Boardwalk and you’re just 545 meter away from Sentosa Island!
12. Keep going straight and you only have 120 meter away from Sentosa Island.
13. At the end of the Sentosa Boardwalk, you’ll see the visitor information counter on your left-hand side. Simply grab a free map of Sentosa Island at the counter to assist you navigate the attractions in Sentosa Island.
14. Now, you already in Sentosa Island, you can start going to the attractions that you wish to visit via Sentosa Map or navigate by Google Maps. 🙂
Don’t forget that you’re free to ride the Sentosa Express monorail in Sentosa Island although you didn’t take it from VivoCity Station to Sentosa Island.
In addition, you’re also free to take the Sentosa Express monorail from Sentosa Island to VivoCity Station.
The monorail fare (SGD $4) only apply to visitors who want to take the Sentosa Express monorail from VivoCity Station to Sentosa Island.
If you walk to Sentosa Island from VivoCity via Sentosa Boardwalk, then you don’t need to pay SGD $4 for Sentosa Express but you’re free to use Sentosa Express in the island and for returning trip.
I have prepared a specific Google Maps above to help you get a big picture of getting to Sentosa Island via Sentosa Express, Cable Car and Sentosa Boardwalk.
In addition, I have marked down the best things to do in Sentosa on the Google Maps for your easy reference. You may refer the map above to know all of these.
For me, the best and fastest way to reach Sentosa Island is via Sentosa Express. But, if you want to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Sentosa Island, then cable car is the best option to you. Conversely, if you’re on a tight budget, you can opt for Sentosa Boardwalk option to reach Sentosa Island.
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that my guide in here can help you to save your time on doing research on how to go to Sentosa Island.
Simply bookmark this page so that you can refer it as your guide.
Or, you can also share this guide to your friends and family to make them easy to reach Sentosa Island. Just repost it through Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, WhatsApp, or Pinterest.
Once again, thank you and wishing you a fun and enjoyable holiday in Sentosa! 🙂