If you are not sure where to go in Seoul Korea, then here are the Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Seoul Korea where you can visit and save your time to find the famous places in Seoul Korea.
Actually Seoul is a very bustling and amazing city that you should visit because of many tasty foods, wonderful shopping streets and attractive places.
Hope that the information below can make your journey simpler, better and save your research time. Well, let’s get started ! 🙂
1. Gyeongbokgung Palace – Explore the Largest Royal Palace in Seoul Korea and See the Royal Guard On Duty Performance
Gyeongbokgung Palace was built in 1395 and it is King Palace located in the bustling city of Seoul. It located the furthest north of Seoul if compared to the Changdeokgung palace (Eastern Palace) and Gyeonghuigung Palace (Western Palace), so they normally called it as “Northern Palace”.
Gyeongbokgung Palace is the main, largest and most beautiful royal palace in Seoul Korea. It has more than 600 years of history.
This palace was initially built by King Taejo, the founder of Joseon dynasty. However, the palace was destroyed by Imperial Japan during invasions of Korea from 1592 to 1598. After that the palace was reconstructed by the regent of Joseon, Heungseon Daewongun in 1867.
What things to do at Gyeongbokgung Palace ?
- Take some nicely photos at the pavilion and beautiful halls which has more than 600 years of history
- Take some photos with the traditional costume of the Royal Guards
- Visit different kind of wonderful halls in Royal Palace
- Catch up Royal Guard changing ceremony and guard-on-duty performance
- Explore rich heritage area with many historical background
January to February – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
March to May – 9:00 AM. to 6:00 PM
June to August – 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
September to October – 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
November to December – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Closed on Tuesday
Adult – 3,000 Won
Child – 1,500 Won
161, Sajik-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
Gyeongbokgung Station – Subway Line 3and Exit 5 (Shortest walking distance)
Gwanghwamun Station – Subway Line 5and Exit 2
2. War Memorial of Korea – Explore Large Military Equipment, Weapons and Know More About the Korean War History
The War Memorial of Korea was constructed to memorize the sacrifice of the warriors in the Korean War of 1950 to 1953. The War Memorial of Korea was built completely in December 1993.
This area was used to be South Korea Army headquarters in the previous era. But this area was used to be stationed place when Japanese rule the country. After the Korean War, this area used by the US military camp.
The Korean War Memorial Museum was opened in 1994 to collect, preserve and display historical materials of the Korean War.
This museum consists of 8 exhibition rooms which are House of Mourning Court, the War History Hall, War Room, the Overseas Troops Division, the Army Development Room, the Large Equipment Room and the Open air Exhibition Hall.
What things to do at War Memorial of Korea ?
- Watch 3D video in the museum to know more about war and history of South Korea
- Explore different type of military equipment that used during Korean War
- Observe ships, aircraft, tanks, guns, missiles, fighter jet, bomber, ancient cars and many more
- See the stone soldiers at the outdoor exhibition which carry meaningful representation
9:00 AM to 6:00 P.M
*Closed on Monday
29, Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul The War Memorial of Korea 04353
Samgakji Station – Subway Line 4and Exit 12 (Shortest walking distance)
Namyeong Station – Subway Line 1and Exit 1
3. Trick Eye Museum & Ice Museum – Show Out Your Funny Pose By Interacting With the 3D Images and Take Photos to Keep as a Wonderful Memories
Trick Eye 3D Stereo Art Museum is a famous tourist attraction that attracts many of visitors each year. Although the museum only shows the plane pictures but it will be three-dimensional visual effects when look on it. It is really magical, you must try on it.
The visitors not only get a cool visual experience but also able to display various types of funny and interested pose for taking pictures. When you look back the pictures after taking, you will discover that you are entering the world of painting.
The Trick Eye Museum not only attracts many of visitors but Korean drama like “When a Man Falls in Love”, “The King of Dramas” and “Heartstrings” have been filmed here before.
What things to do at Trick Eye Museum ?
- Have fun and take some amazing photos with 3D effect art display at the museum
- Experience various types of magical 3D Art display
9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Adult – 15,000 Won
Child – 12,000 Won
#B2 Seogyo Plaza 20 Hongikro 3gil, Mapogu, Seoul
Hongik Station – Subway Line 2and Exit 9
4. N Seoul Tower – Explore the Beautiful Night View of Seoul City
N Seoul Tower is one of the tourist spot in Seoul. The 236.7 meter height of the tower located on top of the Namsan mountain. It also known as the Namsan Tower and it is one of the major landmark in Seoul.
This tower almost can be seen no matter where we stand in Seoul.
If you are addicted to Korean Drama, you should familiar with the “My Love from the Star”, “We Got Married” and “I Need Romance”. These all movies have been filming in here before. Thus, this tower becomes one of the favored filming location for Korean drama.
N Seoul Tower is one of the good places for visiting no matter you are with your lovers, friends or family. Because you can enjoy the whole city view on top of the mountain and also enjoy the romantic city night view.
The tower also installed with colorful light which you can see it during night-time. Other than this, you will see Souvenir shop, Teddy Bear Gallery, Starbucks, American traditional style burgers, Korean restaurant, Coffee shop and many more facilities.
What things to do at N Seoul Tower ?
- Have a cup of coffee on top of the mountain and enjoy amazing night view of Seoul city
- See the famous love padlocks attached to fences, walls and trees that represents eternal love
- If you are couple, you may buy little lock to write some message and attached to fences
- There are many shops to eat if you feel hungry
- Can buy some souvenir to your friends and family from the souvenir shop
Opening Hours for Observatory:
Sunday to Friday – 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Saturday – 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Admission Fees for Observatory:
Adult – 10,000 Won
Child – 8,000 Won
105, Namsangongwon-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
Subway Station + Cable Car:
Myeongdong Station – Subway Line 4and Exit 3
Then, take the Cable Car
Subway Station + Bus:
Myeongdong Station – Subway Line 4and Exit 3
Then, take Bus 05
You can either take bus or cable car to reach that place.
5. Bukchon Hanok Village & Samcheong-dong – Get to Know Korean Traditional Houses and Beautiful Art Building Structures
The location of Bukchon Hanok Village is fall between Gyeongbokgung Palace and Changdeokgung Palace. Bukchon Hanok Village is a traditional Korean residential area with a 600 years of history in Seoul.
This area contains hundreds of the traditional houses but now most of them used as cultural centers, restaurants, tea houses and traditional craft workshops for serving visitors.
Bukchon Hanok Village is one of the places for filming like the famous Korean drama “Winter Sonata” and “A Gentleman’s Dignity”. When you walk along the street you will see different pattern of traditional wooden houses and experience the village feeling.
What things to do at Bukchon Hanok Village & Samcheong-dong ?
- Is a great place to explore Korean traditional houses
- Experience traditional village atmospheres
- Pay a visit to the craft workshops, restaurants and tea houses to enjoy the surrounding environment
- Stroll along the Samcheong-dong street to see, shopped and enjoy different art buildings of cafe & trendy shops
Bukchon Hanok Village – 37, Gyedong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
Samcheong-dong Street – Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu ~ Seongbuk-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul
Anguk Station – Subway Line 3and Exit 2
6. Ewha Womans University – Experience World’s Largest Female University and Amazing Underground Campus
Ewha Womans University is one of the best and well-known private universities in Korea. It is a world leading women’s higher education institution.
The university is founded in 1886 and it is the first female university in Korea. In addition, Ewha Womans University is the world’s largest female education institution.
You will see the mixed modern and ancient European style architecture. The modern library was specially designed and located in between the underground channel.
A lot of tourists taking photos on the underground channel because of the unique and special architecture design.
There have many fashion shops, restaurants, cafes, local cosmetics stores, ladies accessories and shoes shops. These all shops and stores are just beside the university.
The price is quite cheap and don’t forget to bargain the price with the seller. 🙂
This is the perfect place for photography, shopping, walking around and eating.
What things to do at Ewha Womans University ?
- See the unique architecture design and Korea’s largest underground campus
- Walk around the beautiful garden and enjoy the atmosphere
- There have many small retails shops like fashion clothes, bags, accessories and many more with affordable and cheap price where you can get around
- There have many street foods that you can taste and eat when you feel hungry
52, Ewhayeodae-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
Ewha Womans University Station – Subway Subway Line 2and Exit 3
7. Cheonggyecheon Stream – Stroll Along the Beautiful, Relaxing and Romantic River
Cheonggyecheon Stream is 10.84 kilometers long and located in the city of Seoul. In the Joseon Dynasty (1392 ~ 1910), it was the sewage drainage in Seoul.
In 2005, the government restore the drainage to becomes a river with clean and environment-friendly place. The surrounding planting with all kinds of plants and also constructed with various river bridge.
After restoration in 2005, it was designed with a walkway along the stream so that the public can enjoy the scenery of the environment while walking.
When you walk along the Cheonggyecheon Stream, you will see colorful light on the fountains in the night-time. Other than this, it has colorful light reflected in the water along the stream.
This is a perfect place for taking photograph and relaxing. The place in here is quite romantic especially night-time.
What things to do at Cheonggyecheon Stream ?
- Is a great place for you to take a break and relaxing with your family, friends or lover
- Stroll along Cheonggyecheon Stream and see the art designed on the wall
- Enjoy colorful light along the Cheonggyecheon Stream at night-time
Taepyeong-ro 1-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul
Gwanghwamun Station – Subway Line 5and Exit 5
Jonggak Station – Subway Line 1and Exit 5
City Hall Station – Subway Line 1and Exit 4
8. Dongdaemun Design Plaza – Explore the Unique Alien Spacecraft Building
The Dongdaemun Design Plaza was designed by World class architect Zaha Hadid. She was the first woman received the Royal Gold Medal and prestigious architecture award in UK.
This unique and special building look like alien spacecraft shape with irregular design pattern.
There are 5 major facilities in Dongdaemun Design Plaza which are Art Hall, Museum, Design Laboratory, Oullim Square and Dongdaemun History & Culture Park.
This plaza is very huge which can fit for international conference, exhibitions, concerts and other events.
During night-time, the LED rose light will light up outside of the plaza.
What things to do at Dongdaemun Design Plaza ?
- Observe inside and outside of the unique building which look like alien spacecraft
- You can see the LED roses that shines at night-time which is quite beautiful
- Explore Dongdaemun History & Culture Park, art hall, museum and media center
10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
*Closed on Monday
281, Eulji-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul
Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station – Subway Line 2/Line 4/Line 5and Exit 1
9. Namiseom Island – Enjoy the Nature of Beauty Environment
Nami island is located 63 km from Seoul and surrounded by narrow stream. It has a beautiful landscape and one of the popular places in Korea.
Nami island consists of 4 seasons and it has a beautiful scenery throughout the year. During autumn, it will be many gold and red maple leaves on the ground.
The island is surrounded by different types of trees included lush trees, birch trees, ginkgo trees, maple and pine trees. Other than this, it has variety of recreational facilities, accommodation facilities, botanical gardens, restaurants and others.
After “Winter Sonata” drama filming at this place, it becomes a famous tourist destination and attract a lot of tourists.
The island consists of natural beauty and elegance throughout the year. It is a perfect place for lovers, friends and family to visit.
What things to do at Nami Island ?
- Enjoy the natural and beautiful environment
- Stroll the beautiful tree-lined paths
- Walk along the riverside paths to enjoy scenery
- There have many restaurants from Asia food to Western food that you can eat
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Admission and Ferry Fees:
Adult – 10,000 Won
Child – 4,000 Won
1, Namiseom-gil, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do
10. Everland – Have Fun in Korea’s Largest Outdoor Theme Park
Everland is one of the most popular theme park in Korea. This theme park gives visitors endless happiness, fantasy, thrilling and romance feeling.
This theme park is perfect suit for children and adult because it comprised different kind of facilities like VR Adventure, 4D Games, Children Games, Adventure Games, Safari World, Romantic Garden and many more.
What things to do at Everland ?
- Get a chance to see the wildlife with close distance by bus
- There have many activities you can play around in amusement park from non-adventure to adventure
10:00 AM – 9:00 PM (Operation time may vary please check on official website)
Adult – 54,000 Won
Child – 43,000 Won
199, Everland-ro, Pogok-eup, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
Subway Station + Free Shuttle Bus:
Jeondae-Everland Station – Yongin EverLine and Exit 3
Then, take Free Shuttle Bus to Everland